Sunday, January 24, 2010

Holy Land Pilgrimage day 12 - Bethlehem

Lord Jesus, thank You for loving me, for bringing me on this pilgrimage and showing me Your places. thank You for wanting me to know You and for providing a way for me to know You. even though i have been to where You lived, walked where You suffered, knelt where You died, i cannot really understand it. i can't comprehend that You were in the spot i am now. help me to put out into the deep. convert my heart more and more to Your own.
who we are, our experiences, should color how we pray, how we relate to Jesus. He knows us as us, and if i try to relate to Him as though i had the experiences and encounters of another because i admire their relationship with the Lord, then i really won't be relating to the Lord but only some false preconception i have. Lord, i want You to be Lord in my life, to pray slowly and simply because thats all i can do, to work hard because that is what i have been taught, to encounter You in the simple things, the ordinary encounters of every day because that is how You have shown Yourself to me throughout my life.

Mother Adela - "discover the treasure of your own heart". it is easy to get distracted or discouraged, thinking of the gifts of others. your heart is beautiful--the Holy Trinity dwells in you.

En Karem - where the Visitation took place
John the Baptist was born here, Mary visited Elizabeth and prayed the Magnificat for the first time. "for the mighty Lord has done great things for me and holy is His name" "blessed be the Lord the God of Israel, He has come to His people and set them free"
here i prayed for Fr. Quigley and to pray the magnificat and benedictus where they were prayed originally.

Bethlehem -
where Jesus was born. here i got to pray for intentions. i pray dear Lord for all those families, all expecting or hoping for children. i pray that we all might accept Jesus' coming to us, that we would not see Him as inconvenient or a burden, nor see children as inconvenient or a burden, but might accept and adore Him with joy. convert us to True Faith. i got to pray for Fr. Jerome at the tomb of Jerome. Lord grant us humility and Fear of the Lord.
i got to serve Mass here - humility. how low Jesus humbled Himself, How unassuming and meek You are Jesus. help me to follow Your lead- i have no right to anything. to be attentive to the presence of others, not taking so much but giving and not minding being inconvenienced or wronged.
lady at the shop - made me a rosary, going out of her way. such kindness and gentle love.
to be in the place Christ was born. what ponder it would give to contemplate God being born as man every day of your life.

Jerusalem -
last few hours before we can be here no more. Glory and the empty tomb. Jesus, You are patient and humble- not coming to me on my terms so as to ruin me, but coming and seeking me in a way i can understand. You did not deep equality with God something to grasp at - and You teach me not to grasp. You are present to us where we are at on any particular day, You notice me. You speak a word, but allow me to ignore it, You don't force Your way but call me to be ever more free. every little thing counts, You appreciate any little offering i give to You, treasuring them as signs of love. Your love is reckless. thank You for being extrordinary in an ordinary way. as much as i want to honor You by recognizing how far above me You are, You want to honor me by coming near and drawing me into Yourself. You never cease to offer Yourself. thank You. help me to be like Mary and ponder all these things in my heart. do not let me forget or neglect You.

grace sharing, pack up, new years party. we leave tomorrow.

No comments: