Sunday, September 30, 2007

fruits

the silent retreat was very challenging. i liked it, but the fruits of my reflections are difficult to just "do." i realized a little more clearly that the Lord wants me to focus totally on Him and more specifically, His Heart, His Love. fair enough, that makes sense, will do. yet, how does one go about more wholly receiving the Love of God for me? it is not something that i can "do" at all. it is in receiving His love that i can "see" Him more clearly and choose to love Him and from there each one whom i meet. its clear to me even if i can't explain it to you very well, but its not something to "do" and that is a wrench in my normal mode of operation (as i am sure many of you know and are now thinking "i could have told you that!").

this week is deacon ordinations. "the event" of the year for us here. after that my diocesan brother, deacon to be Theodore Lange, will serve his first Mass in St. Peter's with our Archbishop and i will get to go to that and maybe serve. for the weekend i will go to Norcia Itlay, the birthplace of St. Benedict, on my first mini pilgrimage- you will have my prayers there. then next monday classes begin and i will do my best to honor the Lord in so doing. Benedict XVI defines our role as novice theologians: "scholars of the face of God." its things like that that make me pause and say, "how did i get here?" i think my name accidentally got put into the "people who have the capacity to understand this stuff" hat. please pray for all souls who need healing, especially those who fear to receive reconciliation with our Lord because of their sins.
picures:
1) the view we endured at the silent retreat house: Palazolla (they host weddings)
2) the volleyball court that we for obvious reason (besides silence) did not use
3) St. Peter's from my roof at night (pray for Theodore, he will be ordained there Oct 4)

1 comment:

Hudson's said...

Matt, thank you for sharing your journey with us back in the states. Paul and I keep you in our thoughts and prayers always. The photos you post remind me of the wonder and awe I felt walking in the places of saints and our Lord, Jesus. Inspiring...